Enjoy scenic winter landscapes among the barns and pastures of Billings Farm & Museum.
Farm Animals & Winter Fun
- Meet Camelot, our adorable bull calf and visit the sheep, chickens and goats all cozy in the Small Animal Barn.
- Don snowshoes – bring your own or rent from the nearby Woodstock Inn & Resort’s Activity Center or the Nordic Center – and venture through the picturesque snow-covered farm fields and along the Ottauquechee River.
- Bring your sled to speed down the small hill next to the orchard.
- Gather round the fire pit and warm up with hot chocolate and s’mores!
- Families can also enjoy a Story Walk along the pasture fence featuring “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost.
Vermont’s Rural History
- Explore the Farm Life Exhibits to see what life on the farm was like in the 1890’s and find the snowpeople hidden within the exhibits.
- Learn about the families and history of Billings Farm in our Upon This Land Exhibit.
- A Place in the Land, the Academy Award® – nominee film which chronicles the development of Billings Farm is shown throughout the day in the Visitor Center Theater.
- Guests are invited to view re-creations of both the Sitting and Dining Rooms from the 1890 Farm Manager’s House within the Activity Barn.
Private sleigh rides are available by advance reservation in January, conditions permitting.
Travel the world from home! The Woodstock Vermont Film Series will feature amazing documentaries streaming online, including The Fight streaming from February 4-7, Life in Synchro streaming from February 11-14, and The Booksellers streaming from February 25-28. Find links to tickets and reservations.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs, workshops and events. Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases.