It’s Foodie Friday! Every Friday through October, we will feature recipes using seasonal ingredients found on the farm.
- 11:00-4:00 Featured recipe: Squash Gnocchi. Demonstration & Samples in the Learning Kitchen
This week is Harvesting & Preserving Food Week! Help harvest food from our gardens and learn methods to preserve food to last through the winter, including canning, drying, and pickling with programs at 11:00, 1:00 and 3:00.
Also, at Billings Farm & Museum today:
- 12:00, 2:00 & 4:00 Meet a sheep up close
- Daily milking 3:15-5:00
- Tour the Barns & Trophy Room
- Visit the 1890 Farm Manager’s House and take a themed tour, including the 1890 Smart House, Then & Now (children’s tour), People of the Farm, and Significant Objects in the Farm House
- Watch A Place in the Land in the Visitor Center Theater
- Enjoy the Story Walk featuring Pumpkin Soup
- Wander the Ottauquechee River Walking Trail through the woods and pastures along the river
- It’s Cider and Cider Donut season at the Dairy Bar. Open 11-4
Make Every Day Earth Day! Join us in cutting down on the use of plastics this year!
In 2021, Billings Farm & Museum is asking our visitors and staff to pledge to stop using single use plastic water bottles and use refillable bottles instead. Sign the pledge in the Visitor Center during your visit and you’ll be entered to win a Billings Farm & Museum water bottle! One winner will be selected every month.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs and workshops. Enjoy FREE member events! Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases. Find out about our special 150th Anniversary member benefits!
Visit Billings Farm at Home online today to explore our history, learn about our farm animals, and find crafts, activities, recipes, videos and more.