It’s Antique Tractor Day! Enjoy this fun-filled day for families and tractor lovers alike!
- 12:00 & 3:00 Watch Tractor Parades
- 4:00 Cheer on your favorite tractor in the “Slow Race”
- 11:00-3:00 Take a Tractor-Drawn Wagon Ride around the farm
- Meet the Tractor exhibitors
Activities for Kids:
- Drive a pedal tractor through the obstacle course
- Make a wooden tractorto take home
- Take the tractor-themed Story Walk along the pasture fences, featuring the book
Samples and Food for Purchase:
In the Learning Kitchen see demonstrations of summertime salad recipes for potato, cucumber, and pesto pasta, using ingredients from our gardens. Enjoy samples too!
The Dairy Bar will be serving delicious Vermont-made ice cream, root beer floats, Billings Farm cheeses and more from 11:00-5:00.
Trail Break Taps and Tacos, from White River Junction, Vermont, will be on site with their food truck from 11 – 4:30 serving a variety of tacos, street corn, chips and salsa, and Jarritos Mexican sodas. Guests will also enjoy the beer garden featuring draft beer and margaritas. Admission to Billings Farm & Museum is required.
Also, at Billings Farm & Museum today:
- View the 35th Annual Quilt Exhibition Explore a colorful display of quilts made by Windsor County quilters. Vote for your favorite!
- The 3rd Annual Sunflower House is open! Walk, weave and wander through 100 varieties of bright, bold flowers ranging in height from 18 inches to a towering 14 feet. Win Billings Farm cheese in the #SunflowerSelfie Instagram Challenge! Take your best sunflower pics and tag @billingsfarm on Instagram – make sure to use #SunflowerSelfie and #VTSunflowerHouse.
- Tour the Barns & Trophy Room
- Daily milking 3:30-5:00
- Visit the 1890 Farm Manager’s House and take a themed tour, including the 1890 Smart House, Then & Now (children’s tour), People of the Farm, and Significant Objects in the Farm House
- Goat Scavenger Hunt in the Farm Life Exhibits
- Watch A Place in the Land
- Wander the Ottauquechee River Walking Trail through the woods and pastures along the river
Make Every Day Earth Day! Join us in cutting down on the use of plastics this year!
In 2021, Billings Farm & Museum is asking our visitors and staff to pledge to stop using single use plastic water bottles and use refillable bottles instead. Sign the pledge in the Visitor Center during your visit and you’ll be entered to win a Billings Farm & Museum water bottle! One winner will be selected every month.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs and workshops. Enjoy FREE member events! Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases. Find out about our special 150th Anniversary member benefits!
Visit Billings Farm at Home online today to explore our history, learn about our farm animals, and find crafts, activities, recipes, videos and more.