- This event has passed.
November at the Farm
November 7, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until November 21, 2021
November is Family Stories Month!
Did you know that all three daughters of Frederick Billings helped oversee the operations of the farm and estate after their father’s death in 1890? And that Elizabeth Billings, as an amateur botanist, collected 1,128 specimens within a 6-mile radius of the Billings estate?
Learn about the Women of Billings Farm and the important roles they had in the farm in today’s programs at 12 pm & 2 pm.
While at Billings Farm & Museum:
- Meet one of our prizewinning Jersey cows, get up close and experience brushing a cow in our Gentle Jersey program at 11 am & 1 pm.
- See the afternoon Milking of the Herd beginning at 3:15 pm.
- Make a paper pumpkin or apple to take home
- Hunt for the hidden pumpkins in the Farm Life Exhibits
- Enjoy the Giving Thanks StoryWalk along the pasture fences.
- Warm up by the fire pit with hot cider and cider donuts, available for purchase from 10-4.
There are many things to do and see:
- Visit our barns and meet our Jersey cows, draft horses, chickens, sheep, and goats.
- Explore what life on the farm was like in late 19th century Vermont through the Farm Life Exhibits and the 1890 Farm Manager’s House, considered state-of-the-art when it was built.
- Learn about the families and history of Billings Farm in the Upon This Land Exhibit.
- Go deeper into Vermont’s place in conservation history with A Place in the Land, the Academy Award® – nominee film which chronicles the development of Billings Farm.
- November 7, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Event Category: