Grow Compost would like to share our love of compost with you in a workshop to be held at Billings Farm & Museum on Saturday, July 25 from 9AM to 12PM.
Vermont now prohibits food scraps from going to landfill. Lucky for us, these scraps are full of nutrients that can benefit our soils, help us to grow organic food and keep dangerous greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere.
Discover the benefits of “closing the loop” with your own household food scraps in this interactive, hands-on demonstration of a healthy compost and digesting system.
Spend a few hours with us outdoors and learn:
- How to contain your backyard compost
- Where to locate your pile or bin
- What to put into your compost pile (and what to avoid!)
- How to manage your compost pile
- Harvesting your compost
- Alternatives to a backyard bin (pick up service, or drop-off composting)
As well as these important details:
- How to avoid issues with wildlife
- How to use your compost after harvest
Visiting Billings Farm Safely: This workshop will be held outdoors; social distancing and face coverings are required (visit https://billingsfarm.org/safety/ for safety details).
Registration for this event is non-refundable. Call 802-457-2355 for more details.