Celebrate Thanksgiving at Billings Farm & Museum today!
Enjoy these festive family activities today:
- 11:00 – 3:00 Enjoy a tractor-drawn wagon ride around the farm. No reservations or tickets required.
- 11:00 & 1:00 Watch our Gentle Jersey program. Meet one of our prize-winning Jersey cows, and get up close and brush a cow.
- 11:00 – 3:00 Make your own mini apple turnover in the Learning Kitchen
- 12:00 & 2:00 Check out the What’s for Dinner? program and discover what foods graced the Thanksgiving table in 1890
- See the afternoon Milking of the Herd beginning at 3:15 pm.
- Make a corn cob centerpiece craft.
- Sample Billings Farm cheese
Visit the Dairy Bar for spiced cider, coffee and cider donuts from 10:00-4:00.
There are many things to do and see:
- Visit our barns and meet our Jersey cows, draft horses, chickens, sheep, and goats.
- Explore what life on the farm was like in late 19th century Vermont through the Farm Life Exhibits and the 1890 Farm Manager’s House, considered state-of-the-art when it was built.
- Learn about the families and history of Billings Farm in the Upon This Land Exhibit.
- Go deeper into Vermont’s place in conservation history with A Place in the Land, the Academy Award® – nominee film which chronicles the development of Billings Farm.
Make Every Day Earth Day! Join us in cutting down on the use of plastics this year!
In 2021, Billings Farm & Museum is asking our visitors and staff to pledge to stop using single use plastic water bottles and use refillable bottles instead. Sign the pledge in the Visitor Center during your visit and you’ll be entered to win a Billings Farm & Museum water bottle! One winner will be selected every month.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs and workshops. Enjoy FREE member events! Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases. Find out about our special 150th Anniversary member benefits!
Visit Billings Farm at Home online today to explore our history, learn about our farm animals, and find crafts, activities, recipes, videos and more.