Billings Farm & Museum is open December 3 & 4 and December 10-12, from 10 am – 4 pm. We are closed on Wednesdays.
Visit this weekend and you can:
- Learn about a Victorian Christmas: 12 and 2PM
- Meet one of our prizewinning Jersey cows, get up close and experience brushing a cow in our Gentle Jersey program at 11 am & 1 pm.
- See the afternoon Milking of the Herd beginning at 3:15 pm.
- Purchase s’more kits, hot chocolate & coffee and warm up by our fire pits
- Try Candle Dipping: 10-4
During December weekends you can also:
- Visit our barns and meet our Jersey cows, draft horses, chickens, sheep, and goats.
- Explore what life on the farm was like in late 19th century Vermont through the Farm Life Exhibits and the 1890 Farm Manager’s House, decorated for a traditional 1890 Christmas.
- Learn about the families and history of Billings Farm in the Upon This Land Exhibit.
- Go deeper into Vermont’s place in conservation history with A Place in the Land, the Academy Award® – nominee film which chronicles the development of Billings Farm.
Make Every Day Earth Day! Join us in cutting down on the use of plastics this year!
In 2021, Billings Farm & Museum is asking our visitors and staff to pledge to stop using single use plastic water bottles and use refillable bottles instead. Sign the pledge in the Visitor Center during your visit and you’ll be entered to win a Billings Farm & Museum water bottle! One winner will be selected every month.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs and workshops. Enjoy FREE member events! Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases. Find out about our special 150th Anniversary member benefits!
Visit Billings Farm at Home online today to explore our history, learn about our farm animals, and find crafts, activities, recipes, videos and more.