Billings Farm & Museum is open 10am-4pm on winter weekends as well February holiday weeks, daily from February 12-27. We are closed today.
Winter at the Farm continues this weekend:
- Create a Peace Dove paper craft
- Visit our barns and meet our Jersey cows, draft horses, chickens, sheep, and goats
- Tour the restored 1890 Farm Manager’s House, considered state-of-the-art when it was built
- Explore what life on the farm was like in late 19th century Vermont Farm Life Exhibits and find the hidden snowmen!
- See the afternoon Milking of the Herd beginning at 3:15 pm
- Warm up by our fire pits with a cup of hot chocolate, coffee and s’mores, available for purchase on site from 10am-3pm
- Learn about the families and history of Billings Farm in the Upon This Land Exhibit
- Go deeper into Vermont’s place in conservation history with A Place in the Land, the Academy Award® – nominee film which chronicles the development of Billings Farm
Weather permitting, bring your sleds and take the family to the hill by our garden shed, or slow down and enjoy our StoryWalk, featuring “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost. Take a snowshoe trek along our Ottauquechee River Trail. Bring your own snowshoes or rent from the Nordic Center at the Woodstock Inn & Resort.
Don’t miss the 12th annual Woodstock VT Film Series! A different documentary film will be playing in our Visitor Center most Saturdays through March 12. Reservations are strongly recommended as seating is limited, so reserve your tickets today! Masks and proof of vaccination are required to attend.
Visit the Museum Gift Shop where you will find unique gifts and Billings Farm cheese. Select items, including cheeses, are also available online.
Make Every Day Earth Day! Join us in cutting down on the use of plastics this year!
In 2021, Billings Farm & Museum is asking our visitors and staff to pledge to stop using single use plastic water bottles and use refillable bottles instead. Sign the pledge in the Visitor Center during your visit and you’ll be entered to win a Billings Farm & Museum water bottle! One winner will be selected every month.
Join as a Billings Farm member for unlimited admission all year! Receive discounts on Billings Farm cheeses, Woodstock Vermont Film Series tickets and passes, educational programs and workshops. Enjoy FREE member events! Members also receive 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases. Find out about our special 150th Anniversary member benefits!
Visit Billings Farm at Home online today to explore our history, learn about our farm animals, and find crafts, activities, recipes, videos and more.