October 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until October 9, 2022
Swing your partner and do-si-do as the farm reaps the bounty of the summer!
In this season for gathering crops, what better way to honor the harvest than with food, crafts, games, live music, and a traditional barn dance? Our Harvest Celebration on October 8th & 9th has activities for the whole family, including:
– Barn dancing on the hour from 12PM-3PM with live music by Shady Rill with Patti Casey and Tom MacKenzie
– Tractor-drawn hay rides from 11AM-3PM
– Husk and shell corn from 11AM-2PM
– Harvest sunflower seeds for next year’s garden and press cider
– See demonstrations in the Learning Kitchen including quick pickling, squash processing, and preserving garden produce
– See demonstrations of historical techniques and cooking implements for peeling and drying apples, as well as apple butter and apple sauce-making in the 1890 Farm Manager’s House
– Hear children’s harvest stories at 11:30AM and 2:30PM
– Try pumpkin bowling, leaf rubbing and make a Harvest Buddies craft
Get a quintessential taste of fall from the Farmhouse Café: spiced cider and apple cider donuts, available for purchase from 11:00AM – 5:00PM.
Fill up on BBQ from the The Wicked Awesome BBQ Food Truck, on site Saturday and Sunday from 11:00AM – 4:00PM, serving traditional American BBQ for purchase.
Saturday only: sample milk concoctions by New England Dairy’s Mobile Dairy Bar.
Sunday only: guests 21+ can taste “Vermont in a Bottle” with samples of handcrafted, locally sourced liquor from Vermont Spirits.
- October 8
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category: