Support our mission! Whether you want to volunteer regularly or just join us for a special event, there are many ways you can make a difference at Billings Farm & Museum. We offer volunteer opportunities to anyone aged 14 and older (please inquire for opportunities if younger). Training will be provided as needed. Below are the main areas of service:
- Special Events: Join us on our most exciting days at the farm! Greet guests in our lobby, assist in our learning kitchen, make arts & crafts and more.
- Education: Engage with our visitors any day of the week through fun activities like arts & crafts and pop-up programs. Share information and watch history come alive! Additional opportunities for leading our animal ambassadors and greeting guests at our 1890 Farm Manager’s House available with extra training.
Farmstead Gardens: Help grow and maintain our new Billings Farmstead Gardens. Assist with weeding, harvesting, and sharing the wonders of the garden with our visitors. Food grown in the gardens is used in our Educational programming and donated to the Woodstock Food Shelf.
- Farm & Animals: Get your hands dirty in the barns and help our farm staff take care of our herd of Jersey Cows, Southdown sheep, and more. Expect to clean stalls and brush cows!
- Collections & Exhibits: Assist with inventorying, rehousing, and maintaining collections. You may also clean exhibitions and help with installation and deinstallation as necessary.
- Archives: Organize, rehouse, and catalogue archival material and help with special projects and research. Expand knowledge about our extensive archives.
All volunteers receive complimentary ice cream or a hot beverage (depending on the season) each shift. Additionally, hours accrued during each season go toward benefit milestones that come with perks:
- 10 Hours: 8 oz of Billings Cheese
- 20 Hours: 2 free admission coupons & 8 oz of Billings Cheese
- 40 Hours: 1 One-Adult Billings Membership
- OR 4 free admission coupons & $10 coupon for Gift Shop
- Every 20 hours beyond that: 2 free admission coupons & 8 oz of Billings Cheese
Want to Volunteer?
Interested in Special Events, Education Programs, Quilt Exhibition & Farmstead Garden shifts? Please click the green button for further instructions. No prior experience necessary.
Interested in Farm & Animals, Collections & Exhibits, Archives, or a general inquiry? Please click the orange button and submit an application. You will hear from us shortly.