- This event has passed.
October 9 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until October 10, 2021
Dig in the dirt and do-si-do at the Billings Farm & Museum’s Harvest Celebration on Saturday, October 9 and Sunday, October 10, from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. The weekend features traditional harvest activities, homemade foods, and a barn dance set in the colorful backdrop of green, red, and golden hills.
Activities and demonstrations for all ages are offered on both days:
- Help harvest vegetables from our heirloom garden at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 4:00 pm.
- Swing your partner in a rousing barn dance with live traditional music at 12:00, 2:00, and 3:00 pm.
- Sample homemade Apple Butter and Cider Cake and see how they are prepared.
- See demonstrations of cider pressing from 11-3
- Learn about pumpkins and squash.
- Families can stroll along the pasture fences and follow the children’s StoryWalk Before We Eat: From Farm to Table.
- Take a scenic walk along the Ottauquechee River Walking Trail.
- Try your hand at pumpkin bowling and make a leaf rubbing.
- Sample different varieties of local apples along with Billings Farm cheddar cheese.
Billings Farm & Museum will offer several food options over the weekend.
- Warm up with a cup of squash soup made by the chefs at the Woodstock Inn & Resort, along with hot and cold local cider and cider donuts!
- The Dairy Bar features Vermont-made ice cream, including this month’s special: pumpkin ice cream, plus Billings Farm cheeses and other snacks.
While at Billings Farm, guests can also visit Voices from the Land, a photography exhibition on display through October 20. In this exhibition of 22 stunning, large-format photographs by celebrated Vermont photographer Jim Westphalen, each picture tells a story, through indelible images of rural structures and landscapes of Vermont.
- October 9
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
October 24 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm