December 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until December 11, 2022
Enjoy 1890s holiday traditions and a cup of Wassail punch! Learn about the history of Wassail and step back in time in our authentically decorated farmhouse parlor.
Dip your own candle and enjoy the festive holiday tree and decorations that fill the Visitor Center and historic barn. Be sure to vote for the best staff-made gingerbread house on display.
Warm up by the outdoor fire with a cup of cocoa and s’mores, available for purchase. Light adventure can be found on a snowshoe, hike or cross-country ski along the Ottauquechee River, weather permitting.
On the farm, guests can meet our Jersey cows, draft horses, chickens, sheep, and goats in the barns.
Christmas shopping is a delight in the Museum Gift Shop where shoppers will find unique holiday gifts and Billings Farm cheese. (No admission required.) Select items, including curated gift boxes and Billings Farm cheeses, are also available in our Online Gift Shop. (Order by Tues, Dec 13 for delivery by Christmas)
Special Wassail Weekend programs include:
– Up Close with a Jersey Cow: 11AM
– What is Wassail? History Program: 12PM & 2PM
– Children’s Story 3PM
– Daily Milking: 3:15PM – 4PM
– Vote for your favorite gingerbread house: 10AM-4PM (no admission required)
– Take an unforgettable family photo next to the beautiful winter sleigh and 10-foot Christmas Tree in the historic barn: 10AM – 4PM
- December 10
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
November 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm