Go in-depth into the world of farming!
What does it mean to be part of a farming community? Farm Discovery Camp is a hands-on program for young people, ages 11-14 (rising 6th-9th graders), who want a deeper understanding of farming and all that it encompasses.
At Farm Discovery Camp you will meet local professionals and farmers who are leaders in their fields — the Billings Dairy Farm Manager, local beekeepers, and a large animal veterinarian. Work alongside our farmers to learn the ins and outs of dairy production. Take part in a local service project — at Billings Farm or in the Woodstock community and make a lasting difference. Along the way, you will gain an awareness of the many ways our food systems and our ecosystems are interconnected. You will have the chance to:
• Experience the daily rhythms of farming and learn firsthand how farmers make decisions about caring for the herd and the land
• Make farm-fresh food including homemade ricotta cheese and ice cream with Billings Farm’s jersey cow milk
• Meet farmers in our community and learn how to care for a calf, raise bees, and more
• Try fiber arts such as felting wool from Billings Farm sheep
• Explore the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park with a park ranger
• Make an impact on the farm and in the community with organized service projects
For ages 11-14 or entering grades 6-9.
2022 Dates Coming Soon
Time: 9 am – 4 pm
Drop off between 8:45am and 9am. Pick up promptly at 4pm.
Contact Alec at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
2022 Pricing Coming Soon