Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a farmer? Junior Farmer Camp, is designed to help kids discover for themselves by stepping into a farmer’s shoes for a week.
Campers will have the opportunity to be up close and personal with the farm’s cows, horses, pigs, chickens, and sheep while learning the work that goes into the food that they eat. In addition to daily chores and activities, each day we will explore a different farming topic like dairy, gardening, tractors, and draft animals. On Friday, campers will prepare an animal of their choice for a show and presentation to their families.
Other exciting activities include:
• Tie-dying shirts with plant-based dyes
• Taking a hay ride through the farm fields
• Milking a cow by hand and machine
• Participating in scavenger hunts around the farm
• Building scarecrows for our gardens
• Making delicious dairy treats like ice cream & butter
And much more!
Join us for a week of fun-filled farm festivities!
Designed for ages 8-12.
Three sessions to choose from:
June 24-28, July 15-19, and July 29-Aug. 2, 2019
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Fee: $300 members/$340 non-members
Need-based scholarships available.
Enrollment is limited! Use the form below or call 802-457-2355, .