Billings Farm & Museum is dedicated to providing education programs for a wide range of students. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, our field trips have been revised for the Spring 2021 season to maximize safety. With precautions in place, students will still be able to learn about and experience our farm and animals, as well as participate in hands-on activities and problem solving.
School Group Visits include:
A total of 60 minutes of guided program time with two interactive sessions:
Sheep & Wool Program: Meet and learn about one of the sheep from our herd (20 minutes). Afterwards, we will learn how our sheep’s wool is processed into yarn and make a wool craft to take home (20 minutes).
Jersey Cow Program: Meet one of our Jersey Cows, learn about her role on a dairy farm and how we care for her (20 minutes).
Self-guided touring of Billings Farm & Museum grounds
• Self-guided tour of the Farm Life Exhibits, including a scavenger hunt!
• Visit the Draft Animal Barn, Cow Barn, Small Animal Barn and Chicken Barn in small groups
• Ottauquechee River Walking Trail
• Story Walk along the pasture fences
• 1890 Farm Manager’s House open after May 21
• Picnic tables available for lunch and snack time
Pricing: $7.00/student; 1 adult free per 7 students. Any additional adults pay full price (para-educators or aides are not counted in the total)
Ice Cream cups available for an additional $2.50/person
School Group Policies
• One group per day
• Maximum of 30 students
• Maximum of 4 chaperones (para-educators or aides are not counted in that total)
• Additional adults must pay full price and will not be with the group during their program due to group size limitations
• Groups are limited to 10 students during live programs and for touring some of the smaller spaces
• School Groups reservations are only available on days we are open to the public (see Current Hours of Operation)
• All site COVID protocols must be followed (see Core Safety Pillars)
• Membership and library passes do not apply to field trips
NOTE: If you are visiting with a youth group not affiliated with a school, view our Youth Group Field Trips page.
Reserve: Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance and confirmed prior to date of arrival.
Online application or call 802-457-2355