WOODSTOCK, VERMONT . . . Pollinators – the bees, butterflies, birds and moths we see zipping from flower to flower in the summer – are integral for growing close to 90% of our food supply. Billings Farm & Museum’s Pollination Celebration on August 28 & 29, 2021 highlights this big contribution from such small creatures with hands-on activities and interactive programs for all ages, from 10AM-5PM both days.
- Meet local beekeepers from Hall Apiaries and Vermont Beekeepers Association.
- Explore the Sunflower House in full bloom and watch pollinators in action.
- Take in a Garden Talk to hear from the talented Woodstock Inn & Resort gardening team who created the Sunflower House, and learn how it supports pollinators.
- Kids can try the Honeybee Dance and craft a Honeybee Headband.
- Play lawn games and learn the meanings of Victorian Flower Language.
- Find some peaceful moments by following the Self-guided Meditative Walk along the Ottauquechee River Walking Trail.
- Cool off with the Pollinator Ice Cream Special at the Dairy Bar: two scoops of vanilla ice cream with a honey berry drizzle, topped with whipped cream! Vanilla, honey and berries are all produced thanks to pollinators!
- Sample Herbal Tea or Corn and Tomato Salad made with ingredients pollinated in the Billings Farm gardens.
- Take home Pollinator Recipes, including our collection of recipes for delicious cocktails and mocktails using pollinated ingredients.
Find each day’s schedule at billingsfarm.org. Billings Farm & Museum is a certified Bee-Friendly Farm.
Visiting safely. For the continued safety of our staff and guests, all guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face covering in all indoor spaces. For outdoor spaces, mask wearing is optional for fully-vaccinated persons; unvaccinated persons must wear masks when around people and unable to maintain 6’ physical distances. No entry is permitted without a face covering. Visit billingsfarm.org/safety for details.
Billings Farm & Museum, now in its 39th season, is open daily, 10AM-5PM, through October 31 and weekends 10AM-4PM, November-February. Find the Special Events Calendar, daily schedules, admission pricing and membership information at billingsfarm.org. Celebrate Billings Farm’s 150th Anniversary with a visit this season and support its education mission at billingsfarm.org/donate.
Billings Farm & Museum is owned and operated by The Woodstock Foundation Inc., a charitable non-profit institution. Billings Farm & Museum is committed to providing educational opportunities and experiences to our visitors, whether here in Woodstock, Vermont or at home wherever you are through our online resources at Billings Farm at Home. Visit us on billingsfarm.org, and find us on Facebook at facebook.com/BillingsFarmMuseum/ and Instagram at instagram.com/billingsfarm/.
Images courtesy of Billings Farm & Museum.