at Billings Farm & Museum
Nov. 26-28, 2021
WOODSTOCK, VERMONT… Discover how Thanksgiving was observed in the 1890s. Celebrate Thanksgiving Weekend at Billings Farm & Museum, Friday – Sunday, November 26 – 28, 10 am – 4 pm.
The special weekend will feature the traditional farmhouse Thanksgiving table setting, holiday programs and activities. Share stories about your own family traditions on our “Sharing Wall.” Families can create a corn cob centerpiece and enjoy the Giving Thanks StoryWalk along the pasture fences. Guests are invited to hop aboard the wagon for a ride around the farm and cozy up by the fire pit with hot cider and cider donuts.
Enjoy these weekend activities:
- Horse-drawn wagon rides are offered on Friday and Saturday from 11am-3pm. Reservations for rides will be taken upon arrival at the Ticket Desk, on a first come, first served basis. The cost is $5 per person in addition to the purchase of a general admission ticket.
- Tractor-drawn wagon rides are offered on Sunday from 11am-3pm, no reservation or additional fee required.
- Meet one of our prizewinning Jersey cows, get up close and brush a cow in our Gentle Jersey program at 11 am and 1 pm.
- In the Learning Kitchen, enjoy a sample of Billings Farm cheese and make your own mini apple turnover treat from 11am-3pm.
- What’s for Dinner? Discover what foods graced the Thanksgiving table in 1890 in daily programs at 12 pm and 2pm.
- See the afternoon Milking of the Herd beginning at 3:15 pm.
Visiting safely. For the continued safety of our staff and guests, all guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face covering in all indoor spaces. All guests must wear masks when around people and unable to maintain 6’ physical distances outdoors. No entry is permitted without a face covering. Visit billingsfarm.org/safety for details.
Billings Farm & Museum, now in its 39th season, is open weekends Nov – Feb 10AM-4PM, and daily, 10AM-5PM April – October. Find the Special Events Calendar, daily schedules, admission pricing and membership information at billingsfarm.org. Celebrate Billings Farm’s 150th Anniversary with a visit this season and support its education mission at billingsfarm.org/donate.
Billings Farm & Museum is owned and operated by The Woodstock Foundation Inc., a charitable non-profit institution. Billings Farm & Museum is committed to providing educational opportunities and experiences to our visitors, whether here in Woodstock, Vermont or at home wherever you are through our online resources at Billings Farm at Home. Visit us on billingsfarm.org, and find us on Facebook at facebook.com/BillingsFarmMuseum/ and Instagram at instagram.com/billingsfarm/.