- This event has passed.
August 29, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until August 29, 2021
Pollinators – the bees, butterflies, birds and moths we see zipping from flower to flower in the summer – are integral for growing close to 90% of our food supply. Billings Farm & Museum’s Pollination Celebration on August 28 & 29, 2021 highlights this big contribution from such small creatures with hands-on activities and interactive programs for all ages, from 10AM-5PM both days.
- Meet local beekeepers from Hall Apiaries and Vermont Beekeepers Association.
- Explore the Sunflower House in full bloom and watch pollinators in action. Take the #VTSunflower House #SunflowerSelfie Instagram Challenge and win Billings Farm cheese!
- Take in a Garden Talk to hear from the talented Woodstock Inn & Resort gardening team who created the Sunflower House, and learn how it supports pollinators.
- Kids can try the Honeybee Dance and craft a Honeybee Headband.
- Play lawn games and learn the meanings of Victorian Flower Language.
- Find some peaceful moments by following the Self-guided Meditative Walk along the Ottauquechee River Walking Trail.
- Cool off with the Pollinator Ice Cream Special at the Dairy Bar: two scoops of vanilla ice cream with a honey berry drizzle, topped with whipped cream! Vanilla, honey and berries are all produced thanks to pollinators!
- Sample Herbal Tea or Corn and Tomato Salad made with ingredients pollinated in the Billings Farm gardens.
- Take home Pollinator Recipes, including our collection of recipes for delicious cocktails and mocktails using pollinated ingredients.
Pollination Celebration Schedule
10:30 Learn Victorian Flower Language
11:00 Honeybee Dance
11:30 Meet a Beekeeper!
12:30 Garden Talk
1:00 Do the Honeybee Dance
1:30 Meet a Beekeeper!
2:30 Garden Talk
3:00 Do the Honeybee Dance
3:30 Learn Victorian Flower Language
The Dairy Bar is open 11-5.
- August 29, 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
December 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm